Where Main Street Meets Wall Street(TM)
GuruSnaps are clear, detailed snapshots of investment professionals (Gurus) designed to educate and empower the entrepreneur.
The goal is to provide informed decision-making when it comes to funding, buying or selling a business.
Submit verified reviews & rate investment gurus according to five key performance metrics:
How easy or difficult is it to get ahold of the Guru? Are calls or emails returned in a timely manner? Are you in regular contact with the Guru or are you typically passed off to an associate or assistant?
Is the Guru a good listener? Do they acknowledge and address your questions and concerns? Do you feel like you’re on the same page while communicating? Or do you feel like you’re on the receiving end of a well-practiced pitch?
Quality of Guidance
Does the guidance offered serve your best interests? Do you feel like the Guru provides smart, quality insights that steer you in the right direction? Does the Guru offer you helpful alternative perspectives?
Is this a Guru you enjoy working with? Are they “fun” to work with? Is the Guru engaged and excited about the opportunity in a way that is contagious? Does the Guru keep it exciting?
Cost or Deal Terms
Whether it’s an hourly rate, fixed fee or equity percentage of your deal do you feel like what you pay for this Guru is industry standard and of clear value? Or are costs and deal-terms painful, restrictive or overly complicated?
How it Works
See What Other Entrepreneurs Are Saying About a Guru and
Submit Your Own Review
Trevor is a hands-on investor who really listens...
Aside from his initial seed investment to help get my business off the ground, Trevor has been a constant companion providing advice, connections and cheerleading to help me keep momentum through the challenging times.
Browse Gurus By Specialty. Research Gurus Who Help:
Rate Your Guru According to Each of Our Five Key Performance Metrics
FUND A BUSINESS
BUYING OR SELLING A BUSINESS
Review a Guru or Firm
Submit a public or anonymous review of your investment professional and help other entrepreneurs learn from your experience.
No personal experience but looking for karma? Post helpful insights on firms, fundings or transactions.
What makes a good review?
- Do feel free to submit helpful reviews of professional "gurus" or even facts & updates related to investment activity or deal transactions.
- Do elaborate on the key metrics we’ve defined for rating your investment professional (availability, communication, quality of guidance, bedside manner and cost or deal terms). We think these metrics are highly relevant to the financial services industry, and provide clear guidance for a great review.
- Do keep your fellow entrepreneurs in mind while writing your review. Is what you’re discussing helpful for other entrepreneurs such as yourself? Will the information you provide allow kindred spirits to learn from your experience? That’s what we’re after. That’s what we encourage.
- Do give props where props are due. GuruSnaps isn’t just about weeding out bad-actors in the financial service industry, it’s about providing exposure for the rock-star professionals who deserve it. This site provides a platform not just for entrepreneurs, but for finance professionals who may not have the sales and marketing budgets of larger, well-capitalized institutions. Small, independent shops use GuruSnaps to compete with larger firms, and a good review goes a very long way to help build their growing business and reputation.
- Don’t hate. GuruSnaps has a zero-tolerance for online harassment: Be creative, be edgy, just don’t be evil. Spiteful comments with no relevant value to the GuruSnaps community will not be approved for public posting, will be reported where appropriate and user privileges will be revoked.
- Conflicts of Interest: Don’t write bad reviews about your competitors if you’re a Guru or competing vendor. If you’re a founder or employee of a company funded by the Guru you’re reviewing, state that clearly in your review. If you’re a vendor, partner or in any way associated with the Guru you’re reviewing, disclose that to the community.
- Privacy: Do unto others. Don’t attempt to post any private information you wouldn’t want the world to have about you. GurSnaps has a zero-tolerance for online harassment.
- Intellectual Property: Do not steal content from other competing or complementary sites or publications. Your review should be your own, and based on your personal experience with the Guru being reviewed.
- In an effort to promote a positive, useful knowledge base of community-submitted ratings and reviews, we verify user identities through the social media profile of their choice. When submitting a review, users are once again asked to confirm their identity, and their relation to the Guru being reviewed.
- Suspicious reviews will be subjected to further verification by the user. If your review is flagged, we will request proof of communication or interaction with the Guru you are attempting to review. Proof of contact with a Guru can be in the form of an invoice, scanned communication, forwarded email chain between yourself and the Guru, a cell phone statement with proof of phone call, -anything that clearly shows you have communicated with the Guru.
We seek to create a positive, collaborative and helpful community of entrepreneurs and investment professionals. GuruSnaps is built on 3 main pillars:
Investment professionals, entrepreneurs and the GuruSnaps team all contribute informative content to educate and empower entrepreneurs when it comes to choosing the right professional.
We work tirelessly to provide a platform that efficiently educates & connects each entrepreneur with the appropriate investment professional. Everybody wins (except the bad-actors).
Value & Integrity
The GuruSnaps rating is based on fact & Gurus cannot pay to improve it. Verified, helpful reviews will be posted, & malicious reviews will not. We're building a positive, collaborative community for all.